Just in time for Valentine’s Day, we’re showing some love to the men in our lives. Because everyone deserves to live endocrine disruptor-free, we’re excited to introduce our NEW Men’s Line- Just Ingredients, Just for Men.
Did you know that some scientists estimate sperm counts to be 0 by the year 2045? YIKES!
From the year 2000, this rate of decline accelerated to more than 2.6% per year. If we continue at this rate decline, projections show an average sperm count of 0 in the year 2045.
In the hustle and bustle of daily life, it's easy to overlook the profound significance of these statistics, but the reality is sperm counts are a reflection of overall health and well-being. Let’s focus on two areas in particular.
- Infertility- The most immediate and obvious concern is reduced fertility. On average, 1/3 of infertility cases are due to male reproductive issues, including low sperm count. Lower sperm count reduces the likelihood of successfully fertilizing an egg, making conception more challenging for couples trying to conceive.
- Hormone Irregularity- Low sperm count can be an indicator of underlying hormone imbalances. The hypothalamus, pituitary gland, and testicles are all part of the endocrine system. These glands work together to produce hormones that are necessary to create sperm. A low sperm count can be an obvious indicator of hormonal imbalance which can affect muscle mass and strength, libido, erectile function, testicular health, bone density, blood pressure, mood, mental health, cognitive function, and body weight.
Reproductive health and maintaining hormonal balance play a pivotal role in a man's overall well-being. Hormones govern various bodily functions, influencing everything from mood and energy levels to muscle growth and sexual health.
So what do lowering sperm counts and a new line of Just Ingredients products have in common?
What are phthalates?
- A group of chemical compounds commonly used as plasticizers to enhance the flexibility and durability of plastics.
- Found in a variety of everyday products, including plastic packaging, vinyl flooring, cosmetics, and personal care items (think candles, cologne, lotion, etc.)
- Phthalates are known endocrine disruptors. Endocrine disruptors are substances that can interfere with the endocrine system, which is responsible for regulating hormones in the body.
- Phthalates can mimic or block hormones and can disrupt the normal hormonal balance in the body.
So if the link between phthalates and endocrine disruption has been thoroughly established, why are they still used in products?
- Fragrance Stabilization: Phthalates are used to stabilize and enhance the longevity of fragrances in personal care products. They help maintain the scent and prevent it from degrading over time. All of your perfumes, scented lotions, hand soaps, candles, car fresheners, air fresheners, etc. likely have phthalates.
- Texture and Consistency: Phthalates can contribute to the desired texture and consistency of cosmetic products. They help create a smooth and even texture, improving the application and feel of lotions and creams.
- Flexibility in Packaging: Phthalates are utilized in the manufacturing of plastic packaging for beauty products, providing flexibility and durability →think squeeze bottles, containers, and tubes.
BUT at Just Ingredients, we don’t think any of those reasons are worth disrupting your hormones. Your hormones play a role in nearly every function of your body! We believe nature provides all that our bodies need, so that’s why we use only real ingredients to create high-quality products, with robust scents, smooth texture, and effective results.
We are thrilled to introduce Just Ingredients, Just for Men our new line of all-natural personal care products, free of endocrine disruptors!
The new line consists of After Shave, Beard Oil, Age Defender, Body Lotion, Deodorant, and Face Serum. Each of these products has been carefully crafted with key ingredients to create quality products, while also prioritizing your health. Let me give you some insight into the power behind these KEY ingredients and the benefits they provide!
After Shave: Clean, Cooling Hydration for a Smooth Shaving Experience
Jojoba Oil has powerful anti-inflammatory properties, making it great for soothing and calming the skin. It is also richly moisturizing and can promote healing, particularly for small nicks or cuts post-shave. Jojoba is non-comedogenic, ensuring it won't clog pores.
Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel is known for its soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. It also has an astringent effect which can help tighten pores, smooth appearance, and provide a refreshing sensation. Although many after-shave products use alcohol, we specifically chose alcohol-free to preserve the skin’s natural oils. Prolonged use of alcohol on the skin may contribute to premature aging due to the breakdown of collagen and elastin, essential proteins that maintain skin elasticity and firmness.
Aloe Vera Oil As you probably know from using aloe after a long day in the sun, it’s excellent for soothing and cooling. Aloe is also naturally hydrating and healing. It’s great for reducing redness and is tolerated well by sensitive skin.
Beard Oil: Smooth, Slick, and Nourishing to Manage Wild Hair and Promote Beard Health
Jojoba Oil is hydrating, lightweight, and non-greasy– ideal for making the beard shiny, without weighing it down. Jojoba is also naturally high in vitamin E which nourishes hair and can help to prevent breakage and split ends.
Argan Oil acts as a natural conditioner for facial hair, helping to improve its texture, reduce frizz, and enhance manageability. The nutrients in argan oil can stimulate hair follicles and promote healthier beard growth. Regular use may contribute to a fuller and denser beard over time.
Age Defender: Unleash the Power of Timeless Confidence
Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a natural substance found in the skin known for its exceptional hydrating properties. HA is highly effective in hydrating the skin, helping to keep it plump and supple, reducing wrinkles and fine lines, and increasing skin elasticity. Our bodies’ production of HA naturally declines as we age, so replenishing it is important for helping to slow signs of aging.
Body Lotion: The JI body lotion you know and love, now in more manly scents!
Just Ingredients lotion stands apart from the others on the market due to its simple ingredient list, free of anything toxic or artificial. Shea Butter is our star ingredient which is great for deep, long-lasting moisture. Jojoba oil also helps heal and nourish all the layers of the skin for a silky smooth complexion.
Aluminum-Free Deodorant: Powerful Pit Protection for No Stink and No Endocrine Disruption.
Our deodorant is powered by Magnesium Hydroxide, an alkaline compound used to neutralize odor. Odor in sweat is often the result of bacteria breaking down compounds in sweat into acids. Magnesium hydroxide, being alkaline, can help neutralize these acids, and reduce body odor- cool right?! Magnesium hydroxide also absorbs excess moisture to keep your pits dry and you smelling good!
It’s important to remember magnesium hydroxide does help control odor, but it’s not an antiperspirant. Antiperspirants typically contain aluminum compounds that block sweat glands, but aluminum is associated with an increased risk of cancer and neurological disorders, so we steer clear! PLUS sweating is a natural part of detoxing. Many people notice their body better regulates itself after switching to a natural deodorant.
Face Serum- Rich Moisture for Men
The key ingredient in our liquid gold face serum is jojoba oil. Jojoba oil closely resembles the natural oils produced by the skin which makes it excellent for balancing oil production in the skin.
Jojoba also can help collagen production, reduce skin irritation, and help with inflammation. It’s also rich in antioxidants which help to prevent aging.
So, men no longer need to sneak their wife's serum! It’s now available in a variety of manly scents! All of these new products will be available in three different scents Cedarwood Spice, Eucalyptus Clove, and Mountain Pine.
We are so excited to launch this line of men's products and believe each ingredient will help nourish the body for healthier skin without affecting hormones.
Although it can be scary to consider the decline in men's sperm count and ultimately men's health, it’s important to remember we can make changes in the products we use, the foods we eat, and our habits to improve our health. Removing parabens and phthalates as well as other endocrine disruptors in all our personal care products is a crucial step for better health now and in the future.