Sweet potatoes are a must have at any holiday meal. They are fabulous mashed, in casseroles, sliced, baked, crisped into chips, and the list goes on. They have the feel of traditional potatoes, but less starch and much more nutritional value. A single sweet potato has 400% of your daily requirement of vitamin A, and is rich in a whole myriad of other vitamins and nutrients. They are a healthy choice any time of year, but can really up your game in terms of eating to nourish this holiday season.
While they are beloved by most, it can get a little boring having the same sweet potato dish each year. I have something fun for you today to change things up. Try this amazing candied coconut sweet potato dish to give your guests a fun take on a classic side! The coconut adds a unique flavor not often found in holiday dishes. Made crispy with butter, it’s a recipe you cannot miss.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, mashed
- 4 tbsp organic cane sugar
- 12 tbsp melted butter, split in half
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 7 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 c coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350
- Add sweet potatoes, sugar, half the butter, sweeter condensed milk, eggs, and vanilla to a bowl and mix with electric mixer until creamy
- Spread on a 9×13 pan
- Mix coconut sugar, coconut flakes, and the rest of the butter together and sprinkle over sweet potatoes
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until topping is golden brown