Ah, mashed potatoes. Everyone’s favorite come holiday season. They go with anything on your plate: Mix them with gravy? Yum. Cranberries? YES! All over the turkey? Please! They are the ultimate comfort food in the winter. Did you also know that potatoes are actually a workhorse when it comes to nutritional value and your overall health? They are packed with nutrients and antioxidants. Studies also have shown that they can help regulate your blood sugar.
This holiday season, I want to offer you a unique take on your classic mashed potatoes. Having the exact same meal year after year can get mundane, so this recipe has a bit of zest to change things up while still keeping the nostalgia alive. With jalapeño and green onion, it’s sure to wow your guests.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 1/2 organic heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 8-10 small golden potatoes
- Peel potatoes and boil on stove until soft.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add the minced jalapeño and green onions. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- With and electric mixer, mix potatoes
- Add butter mixture, salt, pepper, and cream to the potatoes and continue to mix with electric mixer
- Serve warm.